Sunday, October 9, 2016

Literature Analysis #2

1. Mattie Cook works at her family's coffee shop and is living a normal life. But then a fever outbreak occurs and I everyone is dying. Matties mother catches the deadly fever so, Mattie and her grandfather are forced to flee the city.
2. The theme of Fever 1793 is about Mattie trying to cope with the fever epidemic and the effects its caused. No matter how hard things got for Mattie she tried to keep a positive attitude.
3. I imagine the author (Laurie Halse Anderson ) sleeping in every morning , and when she goes get up she drinks tea and has toast with fruit. One example that makes me think this is how she portrays the main character Mattie : " I yawned and stretched then snuggled back onto my pillow. A few more minutes rest , that's what I needed." Another example would be: " ugh! Its black coffee bitter as medicine. How can you drink this ?"  The last example is: "... One I could never wear in the street, and snatched a bite of dough from Eliza's bowl before I ran outside."
4. 1st technique : (metaphor) "They both supped sorrow with a big spoon."
2nd technique: (metaphor) "Life was a battle."
3rd technique: (simile) "Bodies are piling up like firewood."
4th technique: (personification) "My stomach took control."
5th technique: (simile) "Mother dove across the room like a hungry hawk."


No comments:

Post a Comment